Empties! October 2014
Hi all and welcome to my garbage.
I mean... my empties post :) This is the first time I've done this type of post, so let me know if you like this or hate it and I will never do it again. Basically, these are all the products that I've used up. I'll give you a short review and let you know if I would repurchase it or not.
Let's get started!
Batiste Dry Shampoo - If you can't tell already, I love this stuff. It's by far my favorite dry shampoo. I would and have repurchased this many times. I like all of the varieties of scents. The only ones that I don't dig are the tinted ones. I tried the one for red hair and it was a disaster, see that post here.
2. Macadamia Deep Repair Hair Masque - Again, I love this stuff. I use this about every other time that I wash my hair. It's a treatment that you apply the ends of your hair that is extremely moisturizing. I usually wash my hair, apply this, then do the rest of my shower routine, then rinse it out. It leaves your hair feeling so soft and silky. It's really not necessary to use a detangler after using this treatment. At Ulta they sell little packets of it if you want to give it a try before going for the full size, or if you want to take some to travel.
3. Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water - This has been my primary makeup remover for the past year or so. I love using this over a typical oil-based eye makeup remover. It removes my eye makeup just as well and doesn't leave that weird oily feeling on my skin. I've gone through many many bottles of this, but as of late I have't been able to find it at Sephora. One sales associate told me that Sephora is no longer carrying Koh Gen Do as a brand at all, to which I was shocked and horrified.
4. Shiseido 'Ibuki' Gentle Cleanser - This cleanser is amazing. I'm just going to put that out there. Here's the problem, it's very pricey. This container is $30 and seeing as how cleanser is something that you tend to go through quickly, I can't justify continuing to purchase this over and over. One day I will repurchase it, but for now I'm going to use up other ones that I have.
5. Ole Henriksen The Clean Truth Cleansing Clothes: Brightening - That is QUITE the name. These are my favorite cleansing wipes, also stupidly expensive. I've only gone through one pack of these and they lasted me a long time because I avoid using them. I especially love them for traveling and so I just recently repurchased them because I'll be heading to Spain later this week (woo!).
6. Revlon Lash Portion Mascara - This mascara was... ok, at first. It worked well, but then it really kind of turned on me. Once it dried out a little bit, I found that it was really flaky. As in, it flaked off of my lashes. This is so unacceptable to me. I still continued to try because I don't like giving up on products, but it then dried out to the point that I just couldn't use it anymore. Overall I was really disappointed with this product. I will not be repurchasing this again.
7. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles - When I first got this product I loved it. I continued to love until I was about 3/4 done with the tube. Then 2 other products entered my life, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye. I could no longer look at this product the same. While it is a good drug store option, it does not compare to those other concealers. Honestly, I will probably not repurchase this.
8. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliners - This is one of the first liquid liners that I used and really liked. I got one in a Birchbox a long time ago and decided to buy more colors. I really liked the colors and they worked really well in the beginning, but then they dried out really quickly. These liners have a thick long felt tip which is great if you are bad at liner, like I am but it also means they dry out fast. I probably won't repurchase these again, as I've found much better felt tip liners.
9. Lush everything. You all know my love for Lush and so of course, my Empties reveals that as well. Since these are all items that I talked about in this post, I'm just going to end it here. I love Lush. That is all!
I hope you all liked this round of Empties. I will continue to do them, probably only once every few months. Let me know if you like this and also, what products have you repurchased over and over again?