Cold Brewed Iced Coffee- How I brew it!
Okay I feel like this is easy enough that I don't even need to post on this. However, when I was looking into brewing iced coffee, I turned to the interwebs, so it's only fair that I pass on my knowledge and encourage you all. If you like iced coffee TRY THIS. It's so very easy.
Here's what you need:
- Fresh coffee ground for a French Press
- A french press-- I have a 1.5 liter one made for brewing iced coffee- link here
- Any addons you might enjoy in your coffee
I generally buy my coffee from Starbucks. What's really nice is that they will also grind it fresh for you so you don't have to purchase a coffee grinder. I am trying the new Brezza blend from Starbucks. I could not turn down that packaging, but it also is supposed to be particularly good for brewing iced coffee. We shall see.
Here we go!
1. Figure out how much coffee you need for your coffee press. For my 1.5 liter french press, I used about 3/4 cup. When I say about, I mean I poured it in the french press until it looked about right and then I poured it into the world's cutest measuring cup to see how much it was.
2. Pour coffee into french press. I know this is a difficult step... but I think you can do it. The Starbucks recommended amounts for brewing is to the right --> check that if you are confused on how much to use.
3. Fill the french press with cold or luke warm water. Doesn't really matter, you just don't want to use hot water.
4. Place in the refrigerator overnight, or a bit longer. For instance, I made mine this afternoon and I won't drink my first glass until tomorrow morning or maybe in the afternoon. Since you are using cold water, it takes more time to brew.
5. My french press has a normal lid for brewing and then I swap over to the actual plunger once it is done brewing. When your coffee is done brewing just depress the plunger slowly. Pour over ice with your favorite add-ons and enjoy! Ideas for what to add! I like vanilla almond milk most of the time, but I will also use vanilla half and half if I want something more indulgent. Did you know that you can also buy the flavored syrups from Starbucks? I've been known to buy bottles of vanilla syrup from there just for my iced coffee. You can also add cinnamon, I've been adding a little bit to my coffee recently and it just adds a little something special. Quite nice, I must say.
I hope you enjoyed this. I know I love my iced coffee. Let me know if you have any questions about this! Also, let me know how you like your coffee. I'm always interested in trying new variations of coffee!
Hope you are all having a good week!