A look featuring Josie Maran and the Lorac Pro Palette 2
I thought it was about time that I showed you what I've been wearing on my face lately! The Lorac Pro Palette 2 entered my life at the end of June(see my first impression and swatches here). This palette is so nice and versatile, with 8 matte and 8 shimmer shades. This look can be done with just the Lorac palette, but I'm using my Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadow (swatches in this post) as a base. I love the purple shade for a nice colorful base and I find that it makes my shadows last all day. Let's get right into it!
Start with whatever your normal base routine is (let me know if you're interested in seeing mine) and also apply eyeshadow primer. Make sure you let your primer set before you start applying anything to your eyelids, it should not be sticky.
These are the shadows you are going to use from the Lorac Pro Palette 2:
- Nectar is your crease color
- Chrome will be layered over the purple Josie Maran shade
- Plum will be used to deepen up the other V color
- Beige will be your inner highlight color
Ok so the steps!
1. Blotch on (technical term there) some of the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadow, mine is in the shade Polynesian Purple.
2. Blend out with your finger.
3. Use Nectar to blend out the edges and deepen the crease. Use a fluffy blending brush for this step ( MAC 217)
4. Take some Chrome on a shader brush and layer that on top of the purple.
5. Apply Plum on the outer V with the same shader brush from the previous step and blend out using a fluffy brush. You can build up this color as much as you want, I kept it pretty minimal.
6. Use the a pencil brush to apply beige to the inner corner as a highlight.
7. Apply eyeliner of your choice. I used a deep bronze/copper color and smudged it out with a pencil brush, but you could also use black kohl, liquid/gel or whatever you want, really!
The finished look! I paired it with MAC's plumful on my lips and that's it. Let me know what you think! Also let me know if you want me to do more looks. Now that I've figure out a method for taking photos, I'll try to do them more often!
However, this is me trying to figure out the photography situation -------->
Here's a full list of all the products I have on my face:
MAC Powder Blush in the shade Fleur Power
Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder in 01 Light Matte
Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in 01 Highlight
Anastasia Brow Wiz Skinny Brow Pencil in Caramel
Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadow in Polynesian Purple
Nars Larger than Life Eyeliner in Via Appia
MAC Lipstick in the shade Plumful
Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!