Shows I'm excited about this fall
Fall means the return (finally) of good TV. The summer is a notoriously terrible time for entertainment. Movies have been meh and TV shows are all on break. Many of my favorite shows are returning very soon and there are some new one's that I want to check out.
1. Doctor Who is one of the leaders on my All Time Favorite TV Shows list. I am just a wee bit obsessed with Doctor Who. I just can't help it, the feels just get me every time. I'm not hardcore enough to have watched all of the old doctors, I started with Christopher Eccleston as 9, but I'm still a huge fan. The latest season (8) started at the end of August and I'm so happy! I'm still getting used to the new doctor, I mean how can I let go of Matt Smith so easily? Peter Capaldi is growing on me, though.
2. Another one of my all time favorite shows, The Walking Dead. I'm so excited to see what is UP at Terminus. That place is weird. Can't these survivors catch a freakin' break? We just need to make it to October 12th and we can all have some more Daryl in our lives (aww yiss).
3. Look at Claire Danes in that red! Work it, girl! Homeland took a crazy turn at the end of last season and I'm just interested to see how Carrie holds it together next season. Homeland will be back October 5th.
4. Gotham looks really interesting. It's a brand new series by Fox and is an origin story for the Batman storyline. It follows the makings of Bruce Wayne as Batman and many of the famous villains such as Catwoman, The Penguin and The Riddler. I'm really excited to see how this turns out. Premiere date is September 22nd.
5. Now we are on to some guilty pleasure shows. The Originals was such a pleasant surprise. Since it was a spinoff of The Vampire Diaries, I really did not have high hopes, but I've been enjoying it much more than The Vampire Diaries. I happen to love ALL of the original vampires. Klaus and Elijah are extremely complex and interesting characters, and not bad on the eyes. I'm not sure how much the original sister Rebekah will be on the show since riding off into the sunset, but I love her too. I hope she makes an appearance this season. This will back on air October 6th.
6. The Vampire Diaries is really gliding on thin ice for me. After the SHOCKING season finale, it will be interesting to see what they do next. Either they are going to have to change the story line quite a bit, or they are going to be pulling some major shenanigans with magic. It will be back on October 2nd.
7. Last but not least! I've been watching this show for so many years. I still love it, but what is this show going to be without Christina Yang?? I'm so nervous to see where the show goes. I feel like it's kind of just dying a slow death. They really need to do something great this season or I'm going to be quite sad. Season premiere is September 25th.
What shows are you looking forward to this fall? Are any of your favorites on my list?