The Starting Over Tag!
Recently (ok, a few weeks ago) I saw The Starting Over tag on Puri's blog, and I thought it would be fun to do. The idea is: if, hypothetically, your entire makeup collection was gone (stolen, or the like) what 15 items would you repurchase immediately to get yourself going again? For me, this challenge was fairly easy since I don't have a huge collection. You'll also notice that about half of my list is dominated by eye products. I love my eyeshadows, liners and mascara. On the other hand, I only have 2 must-have lip products and 4 for face.
1. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - $54 - This palette is on SO many people's must-have list and there's a good reason for that. It truly is my favorite neutral eyeshadow palette. I've had this for over a year and hit pan on many of the shadows, buying a new one would be amazing.
2. Lorac Pro Palette 2 - $42 - A recent love, this is such a well-rounded palette. You have some fun colors mixed in with neutrals. It's a great pair for the Naked 2 palette, but is still distinguished enough to have it's own spot on my list.
3. Marc Jacobs Sky-Liner Seven Piece Petite Highliner Collection - $45 - This liner set fulfills all of my pencil eyeliner needs. This is a brand new holiday set, and as soon as I saw it I knew it would be joining my collection. I have no regret and they've quickly become my favorite eyeliners to wear. The set is kind of a cheater move since there are 7 liners in it, but there's a good variation of colors and the gel formula is perfect. By the way, a full review and swatches are on the way!
4. Kat Von D Ink or Tattoo Liquid Liner in Trooper - $18 - By FAR my favorite liquid liner. This liner has surpassed my previous favorite, which was the Stila Stay All Day liquid liner(still a great product), but the Ink liner has lasted much longer for me. It still gives a nice, crisp, dark line with just barely touching the felt tip to my skin and it stays put.
5. L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara - $10 - Although there are a lot of high-end mascaras that I love, this one takes the cake for this challenge because: 1. It's cheap and easy to find, and 2. It just works well and is a reliable choice for everyday usage.
6. Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eye Shadow - $18 - I definitely would repurchase one of these eye shadows again, although probably not the purple one. The formula is so nice, but I would go for a more neutral one to restart my collection.
7. Laura Mercier Eye Basic - $26 - This, again, is a recent find but I love it. I like this so much more than any eye primer I own. It gives you a nice even base for eyeshadow and it lasts SO long. I currently own this in Wheat, but I would repurchase it in the lightest color, Linen.
8. Too Faced Le Creme in Spice Spice Baby - $22 - You have already heard me rant about how much I love this color, so we'll just leave this one alone.
9. MAC Plumful - $16 - This is another lip color that I've mentioned a ton. It's a great color that works year round, I would definitely want this again if I had to start over.
10. Urban Decay Naked Skin - $39 - This foundation is really nice: it's extra lightweight, it applies easily and quickly, and it's decent coverage. For now I'd repurchase this, since I don't have a "holy grail" foundation yet.
11. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - $5 - Just a simple everyday pressed powder, nothing too fancy here.
12. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer - $24 - This is my favorite concealer right now and maybe ever. I reviewed it here if you're interested in hearing more about it, but suffice to say, I love it.
13. Nars Duo Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer - $42 - Another combo product to kill two birds with one stone, this duo is actually what I reach for most days, especially when I'm in a hurry. The colors work well for my skin tone and I don't usually feel like I need a highlighter when I use this blush.
14. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - $6 - The miracle complexion sponge is another recent addition to my collection, which has almost completely replaced my Beauty Blender. I love the shape of this compared to the Beauty Blender and it works just as well, at a fraction of the cost.
15. Zoeva Brush set - $78 - Last, but certainly not least, my beloved Zoeva brush set had to make an appearance. I've seen a lot of these tags and usually tools are left out of the picture, but for me, brushes make a big difference in the quality of makeup application. I definitely wanted to include a few of my favorite tools in this list, even though technically this is 8 items in one set... oops :)
Okay! That is all, 15 items that I would definitely want to repurchase if I had to start my collection again. I'm not going to tag specific people, but I would LOVE to see what makes your list!
If you do this, please let me know and I will check it out. Also, let me know below if any of my items would make your list.