Too Faced Holiday Everything Nice Palette Set - Review and Swatches
The beauty community has been getting completely bombarded with all things holiday over the past couple of weeks. Nearly every major brand has already released or hyped-up some amazing products, genuinely causing a ruckus on all of our wallets. Too Faced is, of course, one such brand that released SIX new holiday sets for 2014. The nice thing is the variation of products in each set, and the value can really be worth it. Upon thoroughly reviewing all of the options by Too Faced, I deciding on getting the Everything Nice Palette set, which boasts a $450 value for the price of $56. But what really drew me in, was the color selection in the palette and the fact that I can almost do my entire makeup with this one set. Plus, I missed out on the "A Few of My Favorite Things" set from 2013 which is really similar to this one.
In the palette you will receive:
- 20 x 1.2 oz Eye shadows in Turtle Dove, Dream On, After Hours, Fawned of You, Knockout, Paper Roses, Kindness is Free, Mauvelous, Be You, Secret Lovers, Heaven, Shiny Happy, Honey Pot, Don’t Settle, Girly, Totally Fetch, Live it Up, Too Glam, Head Over Heels, Chocolate Moon
- 2 x 0.28 oz Bronzers in Chocolate Soleil and Inner Light
- 2 x 0.28 oz Blushes in Papa Don’t Peach and Sweet Pink
- 3 mini Gold glitter Cruelty-Free Teddy Bear makeup brushes
- 0.17 oz Better Than Sex Mascara
- Pink glitter zip bag
- Step-by-step, how-to Glamour Guide
Let's get right into what it looks like!
There are 20 different eyeshadow shades and these things are generously sized. They are mostly shimmer eyeshadows, so if you aren't into that, this holiday set is probably not for you (also, what's wrong with you?). 6 of the shades are matte and 14 are shimmery. You could definitely do a matte look with the shades that are there, so don't worry too much if you are looking for some matte action.
Please remember in the swatches that I'm a very pale person, very light colors tend to look like almost nothing on the back of my arm. That said, I think the strength in this palette is in the more colorful rows 3 and 4, but it's always good to have nice neutrals in a palette.
As far as application, the only shade that I has some issue with was Heaven. It has a dryer, chalkier consistency than all of the other shades. I checked around and that seems to be what other people are saying with this palette as well. The rest of the shadows are absolutely beautiful to apply, they are really soft and easy to blend. As with most Too Faced shadows (or so I've experienced), there is quite a bit of fallout, so be prepared to do a little cleanup especially if you are heavy handed with application.
On to the swatches!
Next up are the face products. In this set you get two blushes: one is pink toned and the other is peach toned. The blushes and highlighter are both very shimmery, whereas the bronzer is matte, which you will see in the swatches.
So that is almost everything in the palette. There is also a sample of the Better than Sex mascara, which I used in the look below. I wanted to put something together to give you an idea of how you can use the palette.
Here's how I achieved the eyelook:
- I put Shiny Happy all over the lid and inner corner
- Next, I added Honey Pot to the outer half
- I used Secret Lovers on the outer corner
- Then I lined my eyes with black eyeliner on the top lashes and lower waterline. On the top I packed Too Glam on top of the black eyeliner.
- On the bottom lashline I put Live it Up on the inner half and Head Over Heels on the outer half.
Okay, I think I packed about as much info as possible into one post! Let me know if you have any questions that I didn't answer.
The Everything Nice Palette Set is a Sephora Exclusive and is available online here