What's on my To-Read list?
Back at the beginning of the year I took on the reading challenge on Goodreads (my profile). My goal was to read 30 books this year. I thought this was a reasonable amount, but I've been informed that I am BEHIND. AHH! Time to get my butt in gear and catch up. I decided to do a little inspiration post for you (ok, mostly myself) to get hyped up.
1. First up is We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, I've seen this book all over the place and the reviews are always so intriguing. I'm don't have any clue what it's about and that's what I love about it. All the reviews have said, you just have to read it! So, I will! I've already purchased this from the Kindle store.
2. Looking for Alaska is at the top of John Green fans around the world. After reading The Fault in Our Stars, I started looking for other John Green books and this one always comes up as a favorite. I definitely want to read this soon, I've also already purchased this.
3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (what a cool name) is a coming of age story who's main character is a twin named Cath. She is going off to a different college than her twin sister and has to learn how to deal with life on her own.
4. Eleanor and Park is another Rainbow Rowel novel, and can I just say how cute the book cover is? That might be my primary reason I want to read this book. Secondarily, this sounds like such a cute story, it's about a geeky girl who falls in love with a fellow geeky boy. The preview has some dialogue between the two and it's right up my alley.
5. The Maze Runner by James Dashner is the book I have ready to go on Audible. This book I really wanted to finish before the movie comes out on 9/16, but I don't know if that will happen. I have a feeling once I start I won't have trouble getting myself to listen to it.
6. Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World by Gary Vaynerchuk (phew that's a long title) is exactly what it sounds like. I spend a lot of time on social media, especially with my blog and I think this will help a lot with getting the right message out there.
So I think I really need to get crackin' on these! To reach my goal, I need to read 13 more books this year and I know these will definitely be next on the docket.
Which books are on your to-read list?